Our nurses Peta, Lesley and Tara are a fundamental part of our clinical team, assisting our doctors in the care of our patients and working collaboratively to ensure the best outcomes.With an amazing set of skills, our nurses are involved in the following clinical care at GIMG:
- Immunisation – all our nurses are accredited nurse immunisers (they have been very busy since Covid-19 vaccination commenced).
- Wound Care – all our nurses take part in best practice wound care training annually to ensure the best outcomes with wounds.
- IUD Insertion – our nurses assist Dr Mak and Dr Cooray in providing IUD insertion.
- Iron Infusions – Lesley cannulates and set’s up iron infusions for the doctors of GIMG – providing a wonderful service to our patients.
- Procedures – all our nurses assist our doctors with skin procedures, suturing and fracture management.
- Health Assessments and Care Plans – Our nurses work closely with doctors to provide this holistic health care service looking at all aspects of patient’s health, providing health education and building rapport with patients as a regular member of their healthcare team.
- Information Dissemination – Our nurses update clinical information in the practice as guidelines continually change.