What is MyMedicare?
MyMedicare is a voluntary patient registration system that aims to formalise the relationship between patients, their general practice, general practitioner (GP) and primary care teams.
When you register in MyMedicare, it will notify your general practice that you have chosen them as your regular care team.
Additional funding will be available from the government to help them provide the care you need.
MyMedicare patients will have access to:
- greater continuity of care with your registered practice, improving health outcomes
- longer Medicare Benefit Scheme (MBS) funded telehealth consultations with your GP
- triple bulk billing incentive for longer MBS telehealth consultations for children under 16, pensioners, and concession card holders, from 1 November 2023
- more regular visits from your GP and better care planning for people living in a residential aged care home, from August 2024
- connections to more appropriate care in general practice for people who visit hospital frequently, from mid-2024.
Talk to your regular general practice or GP about registering in MyMedicare, or find out more at health.gov.au/mymedicare